18 August, 2006

Sometimes I wish I wouldn't pick up my phone...

Today was no exception. The ringing woke me from my slumber. A long night out and a considerate amount of alcohol had its toll. I could barely move in bed, much less pick the goddamn thing. But I did, maybe hoping to hear a familiar voice on the other side. It wasn't who I thought it would be, but then again if I were guessing, I would never get it right. Let's call him James, for the time being. An old acquaintance of mine. He was the last person I'd ever hope to hear in this life. I met him quite a long time, I think. Everything looks so distant now. He was part of that past I want to bury and forget it ever existed. I met him by chance, but he changed me completely. He's one of those people who's always there to help you when you're down. Except that the help he provides is usually the wrong kind and it always drives you even deeper to the bottom...
He used to give me stuff... Well, not quite give.. I bought 'em from him. He had all covered. From acid, XTC, predatory D's, you name it. I never knew if he dealt the higher ranks, but it wouldn't surprise me if he did.
So anyway, he called me. He was polite, no doubt about that, if I didn't know him like I do, I'd say he's a perfect gentleman.
"Just cut the small talk James, whaddya want? I thought we were through."
"Darling! Are we moody today?" He joked.
"Look I told you, I don't want anymore business with you."
His tone was more serious this time.
"That's a shame. I've heard you're with some problems. You knew I always were here for you. I could be of some assistance to you now."
I thought for a moment. He still knew most of my friends and contacts as well. It's not like I brag about my personal life, but I've spoken to few people. That would be enough for him to know.
"Problems, me? Nope! Not a clue. Your informant must have been mistaken."
"Really? I heard someone's heart is being played with."
I never wavered my pose, but I kept listening.
"The blondie... she's nice." I could feel him grinning. "But she's not for you. I heard she didn't waste much time looking for a summer breeze. And by the looks of it, it ain't you, darling."
"Shut up and fuck off James!"
"Hey I am only warning you. Don't say I'm not your friend."
I gritted my teeth.
"Listen, I have to go now. I'll keep in touch with you. By the way, I checked your place and you have mail."
"No James, I don't need anything from you. No help, no happy pills, NOTHING! So get the fucking E's or whatever shit you put on my box and leave me alone! I'm out!!"
"Tsk tsk.. how kids grow up so fast these days. Fine, have it your way. We'll see who laughs for last."
The line went dead. I couldn't believe what just happened.

I went for a walk. I needed to clear my head out.





Please tell me this isn't happening...

1 comment:

chris said...

mads ppl like that arent your friends, hes scum and u dont need him. if ppl wanna act like that just smile n ignore them it gets to them more than anything else x

Post a Comment

 

2005-2011 Lachaesis | The Kiss Of The Valkyrie