22 August, 2006

Paradox

I want you
it all comes down to that simple fact

But if I had you, I would want you forever
and to have you forever
I would have to change you
or lose my mind

But...

Tell that to my hands
who can't forget how you melted
under their careful attention
and the hot sun

Who can't forget wondering
what adorned the topology
they explored so carefully
raven, or dragon?

Who can't forget hoping
you wouldn't notice their trembling
part exhaustion
part anticipation

Tell that to my ears
who can't forget the small sounds
of your contentment promising
an aria announcing your pleasure

Tell that to my nose
who can't forget the smell of your hair
when you hugged me close
hello and goodbye

Tell that to my lips
who can't forget wondering
how the soft skin at the nape of your neck
would taste

Could you tell that I wanted you?
There in the dark
as I sat on my bed choosing
words too careful to sound natural?

Could you tell when I told you
how I might feel, wanting you
and knowing you could never be mine alone
that I was confessing?

Could you tell when you told me
that loving two doesn't mean loving
one less
that I understood?

Because after the long, hard
miles are done
I don't love her any less
despite all the ghosts

But...

I want you
it all comes down to that simple fact.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

2005-2011 Lachaesis | The Kiss Of The Valkyrie