08 March, 2006

Fragment III or the case of the lost Ex's

Yesterday I went with some friends to the mall. Oh well as if I had something better to do...
Anyway we went there just to hang out a bit and one of them needs to go and get some money from the ATM. The three of us stand on the line and I, just by a freaking chance, look somewhere else. I shouldn´t have.

I saw an ex of mine just coming in my direction. I totally freaked out! I mean, not externally. My heart just started pounding in my chest and my breathing wasn't better. No, I did not hyperventillate :p But even so... I could NOT speak to her! I mean I could, but my friends were there and I believe that after talking to her, I'd have a lot of explaining to do.. So, I just tried to think rationally (which was a rather hard thing to do at the time..) .

Ok, so she's coming here... But I don't know if she really saw me... like SAW me!
I cut my hair and all.. I think I look very different of when we were together, she may not even recognize me. Oh please don't! Act intelligenty!

Just when she passed by me I turned my back on her and I closed my eyes like if I was in front of a firing squad. (pretty intelligent huh? (¬_¬)) My heart still beat like a hell horse. I closed my eyes tight and I hoped she wasn't there any more. Until I felt a finger poking my shoulder.

"Where's da bomb, Spooks?" (Spooks is kinda my nickname, don't ask..)

Da bomb? Well, da bomb is walking behind me right now, she's 5'7, brown hair, green eyes. Don't pull the trigger or things will blow!


I believe I opened one eye to inspect my surroundings, then the other. It was my friend. Just then I let out the air I was holding.

<(^_^¤)> "Huh... Nothing's wrong! Really... he he" I let a nervous smile.

She wasn't very convinced. I looked to see if the coast was clear.

Ice cream was calling. With lots of chocolate, I really need that.

Well, when I got home I just slumped on the couch and turned on the TV. I put on a channel that at the time they had a talk-show, which they do every day with polls and all. And they have this hotline where viewers call and talk to them about the theme they pick every time.
So there was this chick talking with the hostess, and they put the name and location on footer.

My jaw just fell to the floor.

Can you guess why?

No, I did not win the lottery...

On the footer there was a rather familliar name to me. Well, I know it could be some one else with the same name, it was possible. But that hypothese was soon thrown aside when I heard her speak.

Yep it was her. Probably the most problematic, neurotic, depressive, dysphoric, gloomy and unhappy girl I've ever met.

Yes, she was my girlfriend too. *sighs*

I just kept listening the talk, still a bit suspicious if it was her or not.
There were certain perks on her speech I knew so well from hours on the phone with her. It was her alright.

I wondered if this was any kind of sign/warning of the Universe or if it was just some sadistic joke of the Powers Above.

Then I just settled for the bad luck I have on love and the people I fall in love with.

No one's fault except fot my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

2005-2011 Lachaesis | The Kiss Of The Valkyrie