12 June, 2007

Haunted heart

"In the night, though we're apart
There's a ghost of you within my haunted heart.
Ghost of you, my lost romance,
Lips that laugh, eyes that dance.

Haunted heart won't let me be,
Dreams repeat a sweet but lonely song to me.
Dreams are dust; it's you who must belong to me
And thrill my haunted heart,
Be still, my haunted heart."




I am in no mood to post today, so this is a song post. This is a beautiful song, I do not have the original, which I think it was by Frank Sinatra, I do have a cover by Jane Monheit, who has one of the most wonderful voices I have ever heard. I was listening to it earlier, countless times, for it was becoming an inspiration for me as I was writing a scene. I was getting the visuals for that precise scene so vividly, that I found myself quite emotioned by the ensemble. And I think that the scene in question got all that I wanted. The words were forming so quickly in the screen as I was watching it play in my mind. Might not be the best written scene ever, but I got the feeling of fulfillment on doing so.

Be still, my haunted heart... (;_ ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

2005-2011 Lachaesis | The Kiss Of The Valkyrie