16 December, 2006

Heal Over - A voice and a guitar

An acoustic cover of the song "Heal Over", by KT Tunstall
The hardest part about this blog is that everytime I try to write, I can only think of a song. It's hard for me to put thoughts and feeling into words in a coherent way, and also in a way that people won't be bored to death by my talking...just one of those things...
As for this song, I think it's beautiful. Over the last
couple of months it has grown from another good surprise revealed to me
by my brother to one of my favourite songs.
On a personal note, I always give more credit to the artist that can grab my attention in a song with less tools. Musicians like Damien Rice, KT Tunstall, Aimee Mann (amongst others), armed with their acoustic guitars and their voices live are out of this world... The first time I heard Damien Rice wasn't after the movie "Closer" came out. Nope, it wasn't "the blowers daughters". It was a studio version of "Cannonball" at 3AM on vh1, on a dark room with a tv on....I'm a softie at heart so obviously I had to get teary eyed, it was one of those moments where the song, his voice and the lyrics overwhelmed me... one might call it a cathartic moment perhaps...

So enough talking, here are both songs so you can "see" what I was yapping around. It's probably not advised if you're feeling emo'ish though :\ :

=> the real KT tunstall song - ignore the youtube images, and instead read the lyrics, they're so sweet that they make my teeth hurt ^^
=> Cannonball - Damien Rice - the first version; the second version (the cutest video); lyrics

Posting this made me crave some music, I'm going to get the ipod now...
=* take care all of you ^^

1 comment:

Lachaesis said...

ACOUSTIC RULZZ!! (^.^)'

Post a Comment

 

2005-2011 Lachaesis | The Kiss Of The Valkyrie