15 December, 2006

Classical isn't?

11.03 PM
I am looking at my clock, longingly waiting for the phone to ring.
But that's the problem isn't? I think so...
The last couple of weeks have been a total mess in my already messed up life. Trippin' on my own words, my own attitudes, trippin' on me.
Instead of settling down for something I tend to overlook that and usually dive head first into things. Or people.
I know I can't say much about that, I get like 50 crushes a day. It would be more useful if I walked with a blindfold. Doesn't matter who or where, I always fall for people I shouldn't fall.. I am pondering the use of the word 'love' in here. Because it can't be love. Can it?
Nope I guess not.
11.10 PM
The phone is there, as it was before. I think I gave it too much credit for. I shouldn't have.
11:26 PM I walk around the house, it's really cold. I refused myself any form of warmth bacause I'd fall asleep if I turned it on and I dont want to. I lay on my bed to the sounds of Mozart's Requiem. Ever since I was a child, I have grown to listen to him and I tell you, the man was a music god. Beethoven is one of my favourites too. The 5th, the 9th, god... Absolute geniuses.
My eyes are closed as I let myself be immersed by the intensity of the voices. A shiver runs through my body. Could be the cold. However I don't think so.
I think I was about to drift asleep when a muffled vibrating sound came to my attention. Hmm? vibrating? Mozart didn't have that! The phone! Jesus bloody Christ! Where did I put it?! Try picturing me, frantically seeking for it having Bethoveen's 5th symphony first movement in full background. Aha! Got it! Just when it reached molto allegro, rondo, whatever!

She did call after all.
We spent about forty-five minutes on the phone. At some point, she asked: "You listening to classical?"
"Yes. It helps me think."
"I never took you for the classics lover." She smirked.
"Well... I am." All I managed to say.
"Well, I should leave you, you got classes tomorrow, right?"
"Yes." I wish I didn't.
"Goodnight." It came out with a hint of a grin.
"Goodnight."
"Sweet dreams."
"Listen..I.." I should have kept quiet. Or say something. Silence prevailed. "Do you wanna go out for a coffee tomorrow?"
"Sure, why not?"
"Ok, I'll say something after college."
"Deal."
"Goodnight then." I heard a laugh. Or it could be a giggle. No.. even a smile. What did it mean?
"You're funny when you're embarrassed you know?"
I am?
"I am?"
"Yes, much indeed. Now go to sleep or you'll be blaming me for not sleeping properly." Oh you really have no idea...
"Ok, I'll call you tomorrow."
"Ok."
"Bye"
Dead line.

I turned to the other side of my bed, looked at the wall, took a deep breath and sighed heavily.
Buried my head on my pillow and hid my phone under it.

I think my feet are getting cold... Both ways.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

2005-2011 Lachaesis | The Kiss Of The Valkyrie