13 September, 2006

Change in weather, change of heart

It's raining outside. I was in my room laying on bed, putting some words together, trying to make some sense out of them. I have new beautiful songs to hear today, but I am not smiling. In a whim, I got out of bed and got dressed.

"Are you going somewhere?" I hear.

"No."

"But.." I closed the door behind me. The rain is pouring heavier than I expected. I have no more strength to walk away.

I stood there, letting the rain soak me. In the middle of all that, I feel my face is warmer and I'm sure it isn't the rain because the rain isn't warm and salty. If you saw me standing there would you know I was crying?

You come outside as well and you see me kneeling on the ground. You say what's the matter with you?!

I can't hear you. I see your lips moving but I can hear no sound. My sobbing speaks louder than your pleads.

"Let's go!"

"NO! Leave me alone.." I look away and stare at you like a wounded animal.

Against all expectations, you embrace me and we stay under the rain. Not a word was uttered. Only muffled sobbing and comforting whispers and heavy rain fill the grey atmosphere.

As if the earth would crumble upon our feet, guardedly we got back inside.

The silence is a constant.

I am not angry anymore. And I don't feel like crying either. Today I have experienced quite a lot of intense feelings inside me and I've reached a conclusion: It was a turning point.

"Thank you." I sincerely said, showing a feeble hint of a smile as an apology.

The smile I was shown could lighten up a thousand rooms but more important...

 

It lightened up my heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

2005-2011 Lachaesis | The Kiss Of The Valkyrie