08 May, 2008

Nocturnal rambles

I have watched your portrait.

But no matter what chance, what fate what truth, the flame still burns in my heart.

You are...

I am not yours.

So, I’ll quietly remain in the silence, in the prison that I have built. I’ll remain behind these walls of pretensed indifference, pretending that you do not affect me anymore.

But by the Gods, you do.




It’s Wednesday night and I have returned home from yet another day at work. I have returned to an empty house, an empty room.

I wonder… So many people talk about it, so many people believe in it, but does true love exist? The kind that we all fantasize, the kind that gently surrounds you until you are immersed in its charms? I must confess that I believe in it, I’d like to think that things can happen the way they’re supposed to, with all the flourish and poise, romanticism and passion. However I cannot be of a witness to its deeds. For I have loved and my love has died. I keep telling myself that I will find the right person, everyone has. But with the pass of time, I have come to realize that it may not be as linear as that.

Soulmates. Should this be an example of true love?

Yes and no.

Automatically, when you think of this word you associate with the forever more, happy ever after idea of a couple. It could be correct. However, I ted to disagree.

In my scarce comprehension, a soulmate isn’t a lover, but a friend. There are several kinds of relationships where you can apply the word ‘love’, but none its truest form is friendship. I dare to say that friendship is even stronger than a romantic liaison. Indeed it is.

It can be stronger than ‘love’, it can survive the uttermost dangers and still remain strong like the first day it was forged.

Love is carved in trees, friendship is engraved in stone.

Give it some thought.


P.S.- That quote is mine!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

2005-2011 Lachaesis | The Kiss Of The Valkyrie