06 February, 2007

Good things come to those who wait

Yes, another year has passed. Funny, I really do feel older! In fact, it wasn't an out of ordinary day to me. I had an exam today (sucks having such meatballs right on your birthday (-_-)' ), I had lunch with my grandparents ( :,) ) I finished moving stuff to the new house ( *tired sigh*) and I went to have dinner with a friend of mine. Nothing fancy, we both needed that time to have some heart-to-heart talk and sort some things out. Didn't go quite as expected, but it didn't suck really. The sushi was great and the ambiance fantastic! We still headed back to my place to get some coffee and talk some more. It warmed me a little inside :)

But other things warmed me inside today too! And others did not.
First, good things! I'm glad to know that I'm in the hearts of many people, for some have graced me with the acknowledge of my birthday and let me know they cared or didn't forget, whether by text message whether by a call or simply face to face. I want to thank those people for remembering. :) I don't make a big deal of my birthday but it was nice to know that if I wanted to gather some friends around and celebrate the simple fact that I am here, I would not be displeased with who'd sit at my table.
Second, funny how destiny sets you up. Today I had word (well and sound too) of a friend I had not spoke in quite a long time. Hmm, I think 'friend' is a little underestimated here... We had a thing for each other. But then each went our ways and we didn't spoke since. We were talking over MSN and actually I should feel bad about this (shouldn't I?) but she's kinda down because she broke up with someone and I was sorry for that truly, I told her. I mean when I break up with someone I truly wish for them to have a very happy life however that is! So, we were talking and I started thinking about all the times I thought about her and the times I wished I had had the opportunity to talk to her just... because. I had missed her. She made me feel good. And happy. Anyway we were talking and I asked her (lol she already said goodbye) if she still had her number (the one I still had). She said yea, why? And I said, nothing really just asking. She asked if I still had mine, and I said yes. A sort of a pause ensued and then she asked if I'd like her to text me or I text her (kinda don't remember) and I said sure why not. So we said goodbye. I went to have dinner and it was like a couple of hours later, my phone was ringing. It was her. I waited for the third ring and picked up. God, I didn't know what to say to her! Sounds really dumb right? With someone like me, words don't seem to fail... Wrong! Ok, so we talked a while. It was so nice to hear her again. Maybe I am applying the wrong word here, but I felt some closure at that point. But I fell bad 'cos she was kinda feeling down.. But I missed her! I didn't take any advantage, did I? Please say I didn't... It would ruin what I am feeling right now. I am really happy we talked and to know she's ok and that she likes to talk to me. That's that. Oh and when she hung up I kinda jumped around a little.. (o_O) Don't ask why, I dunno!

Now to the less happy things. Well, I have to say that I am in no way mad or anything like it, maybe just a little (little really) hurt. There were some people I considered to be special in some sort of a way, that by chance, plain forgetfulness (hey that happens!) or any other perfectly logical reason did not talk to me. Note: I want to add that this is not a display of egocentric behavior, some people I consider them as my friends and I expected them to be 'here' for me as I was for them (a birthday is by far, a less complicated situation than some I have experienced with some of them). I believe that remembering a friend's birthday is some sort of commitment we have with our REAL friends. People who truly know me, know that I don't care for gifts. I care for who cares for me. So, I am not blaming or attacking anyone here, I just want to say that today I was a little hurt but I will keep treating people the same way I have always done. I don't have much of a family, you all know that. So, my friends are my family. But I want this to be noted I am not mad or am I charging anything here to anyone. I do not keep resent to anyone.

"Do unto others as you would have them do unto you."
If you had only your friends as you family, would you like them to forget about you?

Epilogue: Well, overall it was a good day. I didn't fight with anyone, no one fought me, I had gifts I liked a lot, some I liked a little less, I am healthy, I have some economic power and I have a roof and food. I have my good friends close and my best friends even closer (the heart is a very small muscle, but it has lotsa space! You all fit in mine! xD) I had an ' it was', an 'it is', an 'it will be', a 'what could have been' and a 'hmm I wonder if..' moments. And as I go to bed, I can still feel my heart warm and fuzzy inside. :)

Good things really come to those who wait.




P.S.- I dunno if you're gonna read this or not but Faye, you really made my day :) Thank you ;)

1 comment:

surreal said...

eu, como sempre, nem me lembrei...dsc... (._________.);

*cough*

<< >> PARABENS SUPER HIPER MEGA BUEDA ATRASADOS HUN !!!!!
(~_^)

e, para nao me matares de tareia mto, eu ja pus no telemovel =D...agora convem e nao o perder outra vez...lol
;) =** bjitos

Post a Comment

 

2005-2011 Lachaesis | The Kiss Of The Valkyrie